I got nominated for another Liebster Award by my blog-twin Megs, which is just fantastic. You should hop over to her blog and check her out, because she writes some super funny things! And yes, you should literally hop.
Each time I get nominated for something, I feel like it’s the nominator’s way of giving me an Internet fist-pound and nod of approval. Or maybe even buying me an Internet drink and giving me a hearty slap on the back.
Whatever their method for showing affection, I’ll take it.
I’m going to be a bit of a rule-breaker here. Since I’ve already received the award super recently and made my nominations then, I think I’ll refrain from making another round of nominations – mostly because I’d probably nominate a lot of the same people I did before, and then there’d be a vicious, never-ending cycle of Liebster-Awarding.
And that just sounds dangerous.
I still wanted to participate in the question & answer component though, because I thought Megs asked some really great stuff. Also it’s fun! Nerdy-blogger fun, but still fun.
Meg’s Questions and My Answers:
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? Since I had planned for my blog to be at least partly about my ratings of queso, I wanted the name to incorporate cheese or queso in some kind of punny way. Eventually, I came up with “Just in Queso” (as in, “just in case”). According to the search terms people have used to find my blog, at least a couple people have thought that MY name is Justin – haha.
- Why did you start your blog? At first, my friend and I were testing and rating quesos just for the fun of it – and I kept track of the scores by scribbling on a piece of scratch paper I had in my purse. As we told friends and family about our project, a few suggested that I start a blog so that they could read our reviews. I’ve always loved writing, so I thought a cheese blog would be fun, especially if I included little stories and lifestyle posts along the way.
- What blog(s) do you check daily? My favorite ones to stalk: Midnight Musings with Megs, Bubbles and Beebots, and The Shameful Sheep
- Do you get writer’s block? If so, how do you deal with it? I get “stuck” quite a bit, actually. Since blogging is just a hobby for me, I try not to put pressure on myself to publish a certain number of posts a week, or on specific days. I also keep a running list of post ideas for when I need inspiration. If an idea strikes when I’m out and about, I’ll quickly type it on my phone’s “notes” section, or just jot it down on the nearest piece of paper and stuff it in my purse. I’m pretty high-tech.
- What is your favorite quote? I like this quote so much, I made it into an arty thing and put it on my bedroom wall: “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”
- Aside from your blog, what is a favorite hobby? Eating. That’s a hobby, right? Okay, I also enjoy drinking. Still not good enough? Fine. I also enjoy reading, crocheting, and baking. (I’m secretly an old woman at heart.)
- Think of who you were 10 years ago. What advice do you have for that person? Put down the eyeliner! Back away slowly.
- If you’ve been at this for a while, give us a link to your favorite blog post that you’ve written. This is like choosing my favorite type of cheese – in other words, impossible. Can there be a three-way tie? Of course there can, because this is my blog and I can do what I want. MUTINY! 😀 Totally Legitimate Scientific Theory and Zero Shades of Gray and Cake It Up
- What book or television character do you wish were real and why? Chandler Bing from Friends – he’s incredibly funny, so he’d make me laugh, and his wonderful awkwardness would make me look much more normal in comparison.
- Whether you’ve been at this for days or months, what is your favorite part about blogging? The writing. I love turning my random, nonsensical thoughts into a fluid post, and then coming up with goofy bits and images to add in. I also really enjoy reading my favorite blogs and making comments. The blogging community is so fun, opinionated, supportive, and lovely.
- RANDOM: What’s your go-to karaoke song? Anything by Ingrid Michaelson, because I think (probably incorrectly) that my singing voice is similar to hers. I also like “Where is the Love?” by The Black-Eyed Peas, because I can do the rap parts and it makes me feel pretty street.
Although I’m not nominating any specific people this time around, any bloggers who want to participate (by answering these same questions) are welcome to! I’d love to read about why you decided to start your blogs, and which posts you’re most proud of.